Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas Power Poppy Style



Merry Christmas!!!  I hope today was a special day for each one of you!  Our celebrating started out last evening with us going to the Christmas Eve service at our church.  I think that is one of my absolute favorite things to do at Christmas.    While the house was quiet, I started coloring this beautiful poinsettia from Power Poppy.  And while I was coloring, I had IT happen again.... I opened my copic marker over my image & I had red ink in a place on my image that I didn't want red ink.  Sigh... What to do????  I fussy cut the poinsettia out, stamped the image a second time & cut out a couple of flower petals.  This image wasn't meant to be by itself, it's a gorgeous bouquet, but a couple of well placed flower petals & I was good to go.   I was planning on this being for the current Power Poppy challenge, but when I started it was going to be for the "Going for Gold" option & after my ink blooper, it ended up working out for "Cut It Out."    There are still a few more days to play in the Power Poppy's Time to Rewind challenge.

Stamps: Poinsettia Power Poppy
c/s: white, black
copics, swirls ef, circle nestabilities, wink of Stella gold brush pen

Until next time!
~Misti

2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Misti, I can sympathize with you when you do that with a Copic marker - it's so awful (done that myself more than once!). BUT, you've made a beautiful card in spite of the "change of plans," and I just love fussy-cut flowers. This is beautiful against the black, and I love the layout! How wonderful that you were able to make it fit another one of the Power Poppy Challenges! Hugs, sweet friend!

ChristineCreations said...

I’ve had that happen a lot too Misti. It’s still gorgoeus and just as great for “Cut It Out” :) Thanks so much for joining us this month at Power Poppy!