Saturday, February 13, 2016

Power & Spark: Switch Up Your Shades


IMG_0796

This month's Power & Spark challenge is all about switching up your coloring medium.  Before heading out the door last week, I had a little bit of room in one of my containers.  I grabbed some of my distress markers & the water brush.  When I saw this month's Power Poppy challenge, I was so happy that I had them with me.  I LOVE Marcella's designs & use them a bunch, but life happened last month & I didn't get to play.

Stamps: Dynamic Duos Power Poppy
c/s: white, black
Tim Holtz Distress markers, water brush, black satin ribbon, border punch

Until next time!
~Misti

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Misti, I am so glad you got to play with your Distress Markers and water brush! Wow, the depth you've achieved in your coloring is fabulous, and I really love the red tulips! Beautiful layout with gorgeous stripes! Stunning card, sweet friend, and I'm so glad you had fun with another medium! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

Lovely Misti! Great black borders to really pop the tulips!

Leslie Miller said...

Your watercoloring is great on this, Misti! You really do a nice job with your coloring. I'm glad you got to play in our challenge this month!