Sunday, September 27, 2009

Stamptv Sketch Challenge 31

I am really glad I made this card early yesterday. We had a Children's Miracle Network fundraiser for my hubby's job. We did a poker run for bikers. We had 116 people, I'm not sure how many motorcycles because part of them had a passenger, but last year we had 70, so we were pleased with the turn out! It was a beautiful day for the 160 mile ride. We had a huge BBQ dinner waiting for all of them when they were finished. It was a lot of prep work, I walked 11 miles today!!!! But, it was worth it! There was a little boy, Parker who came to talk to us about his miracle birth & his journey from Children's Hospital. He is just a few months older than my youngest. Both of my boys had to go to the NICU, but didn't have to stay very long at all. It's easy to take your kids health for granted when you have healthy kids. I'm so glad that we are able to participate in this fundraiser to help out families. The coolest part of the whole day, was when the biker who won the high hand, walked off of the stage & right down to Parker's family. He gave his entire winnings to this family!!! That just brought tears to my eyes to see this big, bad biker dude give his money away!!! :D I'm so glad that my boys got to experience all of today!

My card is for the stamptv sketch challenge this week. I did cut the dp, but it doesn't look like it, it just looks like another stripe in the dp! LOL! I colored the cupcake with my copics & added some PTI buttons.

I may not have another card until late Monday. I'm too tired tonight to make anything. I'll see what I can do!!

A card a day keeps the mojo flowin'...

Misti

3 comments:

Lee said...

Awww........you didn't tell me that part of the night!!!! Most Biker Dudes are just big teddy bears!!!! Awesomely sweet cupcake card too!!

Janice M said...

Great story!! Pretty card, I love that DP!

kerianne said...

Holy bajoli...this is super super cute. How did I miss is over on stamptv?!?!?!