Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Gina K. Design Team Challenge

The Gina K. Design Team Challenge was to create a card featuring our favorite summer memory.

One of my favorite things about summer is the fresh fruit... dark red cherries, juicy peaches with juice running down your chin & arm, cantaloupe, watermelon, and berries... all kinds of yummy berries.

I remember one summer, when my parent's were pastoring a church in a small town in Kansas, we went over to some friends house & picked berries in a field across the road from their house. We met my parent's in AR one summer & picked peaches. Now, we don't live very far from the peach capital of Oklahoma, so we try to go over there several times to buy peaches.

But this year's memories have to do with strawberries. My boys wanted some strawberry plants, so we bought 8. I don't know how many days they come running in the house to tell me how wonderful the strawberries are, they are eating them as fast as they are turning red & they aren't sharing!!!!! :D They are having so much fun watering the plants, chasing the squirrels away & just enjoying eating them. I hope to get some pictures... if they will warn me they are going out to check the plants!! LOL!

I'm hungry for some fresh fruit now! *wink*

Stamps: Enjoy the Sunshine Stamptv Kit Gina K.
C/S: Red, Black, Grass Green, white
DP: unknown
black pearls, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, copics

A card a day keeps the mojo flowin'... until tomorrow!

Misti

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Sweet card Misti! Love the colors and your design on this :o)

Melanie said...

love the fresh colors!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Sounds just luscious! You have created the perfect card for this memory!

Giovana said...

Great card Misti! Now, I want to eat strawberries :)

Christi said...

Misti, your card is gorgeous!!! The strawberries look so yummy!