Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Power Poppy Christmas Geraniums


I made this for Power Poppy's Peep of the Week Challenge.    You've heard that it's all about perspective.  This holiday season, I have battled crowds, dealt with extra traffic, been caught up in the hustle & bustle of the season.   I have chosen to to go out in the crowds & also chosen to stay home avoiding the madness.   But it was a choice...  a friend of mine had those choices taken away from her when a driver tried to beat a red light & plowed into her.  She was lucky, she only has a crushed ankle, but her dr told her not to expect to go back to work until March.  She's in a walker or in a wheel chair.  She doesn't get to make the same choices I can make right now.    I am sending this card to her & to me, it's just a card, to her... it will make her week.   Will you join me in sending a Random card to someone this week that isn't for any reason other to just say "I'm thinking of you."


Stamps: Geraniums Take Two Power Poppy
C/s: red, white, black,
DP: Green Plaid
Copics, Seeing Spots ef, Wink of Stella Glitter Pen, black rhinestones

Until next time!
~Misti

4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So very pretty!!

Leslie Miller said...

That's a beautiful thought and gesture, Misti. And a lovely card to go with it. I do send random cards just because or for the tiniest reason. I spent the day having lunch and shopping with a friend and I will send her a card to say how much I enjoyed it. I believe all these cards we make should be put to good use. Your geraniums look lovely in Christmas colors. I'm happy to see you in our Peep challenge this week!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I'm sure your friend will treasure this card Misti. Not only for its beauty, but because of the heartfelt gesture from which it was created! What a lovely rich red! And it goes so beautifully with the plaid and textured background!! I'm so glad you joined our Power Poppy Peeps challenge and are inspiring Random Acts of Kindness!

Janet L. said...

She'll love it!