Sunday, June 12, 2011

Just Call Me Robin Hood!

Yesterday, Devin had his first official Robin Hood arrow!!! It means that he had an arrow in the x of the target & the 2nd arrow that he shot hit the same spot, going through the end of the arrow already in the target. Because the arrows are made of carbon & not of wood it didn't shatter the arrow, but it did break the knock & it split the bottom arrow a little. It will be good enough for practice but it will be marked & "retired" from competition.

Of course, these were brand new arrows... we had him re-measured, etc & had just barely... like 2 min... paid for the arrows. He had an audience when he did it, including the man who fletched the arrows!!! He was so excited!!! Now... let's hope that it doesn't happen soon!!! *sigh* We had gotten him new limbs a few months ago & he's already outgrown them... of course it meant a new string, new rest, new arrows... but WOW! he's shown incredible improvement already!!! (I need a money tree... I'm willing to take a cutting or even seeds... anyone???? )

The store owner's wife took a picture of him in front of the target, but I wanted a picture for me. I didn't have my camera with me yesterday. Guess I'm going to have to start taking it with me everywhere!

Everyone was telling him that we needed to start a blog to keep track of his accomplishments... good thing I know of a really good blog designer!!! *grin*

I have a card to share in a little while. So I'll be back shortly with a card post.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh wow!! Sounds like he is doing awesome! How exciting for him!! Any hobby is $$ eh? So I guess we aren't along with the stamping $$ woes!!

Janice M said...

Way to go Devin!! I think all hobbies cost $$$. If you find that $$ tree let me know where to get one!! ;0)