Thursday, November 15, 2018

Coloring is not a game of perfect





I normally love it when my boys are able to take something that they've heard & use it as an example, etc.  This time, one of them used it on me.   Both of my boys are competitive archers, hoping to make a US Olympic team.  There is a lot of struggles that happen mentally & most archers work on that aspect, as do golfers.  There is a book called "Golf is not a game of perfect" by Bob Rotella.  My boys have read it & changed golf to archery.   Anyway, I have been practicing my copic coloring, especially the reds over the past few days.  I spent quite a bit of time coloring this image & got almost finished when I colored outside of the lines.  Sigh...  I tried my colorless blender, but couldn't get all of the red out.  I was a lot frustrated with it, when one of my boys came through & saw my face.  I showed him where I had "messed" up & had tried to remove it with the colorless blender.  I could still see the mess.  He said, "Mom, coloring is not a game of perfect."    When I saw the Ways to Use it challenge today where we were supposed to "mess" it up, I knew that was the solution to cover up my mistake.  After he saw my splatters on the card, he told me "See what happens when you get out of your own head??!!" Lol The current Power Poppy Creative Confetti is~ Just Around~ to round a corner.

Stamp: Dynamic Duos; Peonies & Tulips Power Poppy
c/s: white, black
copics, Tim Holtz distress marker for splatter, corner rounder

Until next time!
~Misti

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Misti, I love your post! Good luck to your brilliant boys...coloring is not a game of perfect. This might be my favorite card of yours so far. LOVE :)